Thursday, April 17, 2008





Ok every mom says this but my child is so cute! Here's a little update on all the adorable things he's doing today. First its wedding season, especially for our family! Pat's cousin was married 2 weeks ago, Joslin got married last weekend, and my cousin Mekelle gets married next weekend. Busy Busy Busy! But with weddings comes....music and dancing! Merik's heaven. He is such a mover and shaker. He has a whole repertoire of moves and he loves to bust them out! It's so funny, especially to see him do certain moves depending on the music. Needless to say, he loves weddings. He has been the center of attention and loving life at every event we've gone too. He also loves to spin which gets him into trouble sometimes because he's not an ambi-turner so he gets dizzy really quickly but doesn't understand what is making him dizzy. He loves to jump which consists of squating and standing up really fast, never having his feet come close to leaving the ground. He loves to help these days, especially sweep! Goof!

Ok life isn't perfect with our little ball of laughs! He is a screacher and squealer! We've tried everything we can think of. We've asked him nicely (yeah right), we've gotten mad, we've ignored him, we've flicked in the mouth and nothing works! We're doing the corner as dicipline but the problem is that he never seems to scream when we're somewhere I can put him in the corner. He does it in the car or at a restaurant and I need ideas! Any suggestions?

I am deep into motherhood. Yesterday I laid Merik down for a nap in just his diaper because it was really hot. About 30 minutes later I heard him crying really hard like he was in pain. I ran in to see what he had gotten stuck in and found him sitting with his blanket, butt naked, next to a pile of poop. He was crying because he had stepped in it. Yum. I wanted to grab the camera but I felt bad making him sit with poop on his foot for the sake of a picture, plus I'm sure it won't be the last time. It was so funny. I'm just glad I didn't find him eating it or something!

4 comments:

Sharee said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL picture of you and Merick looks SO cute! I miss you guys!!

Heather said...

Hey! Where are you guys these days? Merick is so big and cute. Fun pictures.

Ashley said...

It looks like you have Merik under control just fine... how many people can say that their kids sweep the floor at such a young age??

Your family is so cute by the way!!

Love Ash

Unknown said...

He's adorable! Miss you all and can't wait to see you! Give my beautiful great nephew a big hug and kiss from his great Aunt!!!